MARKETING | NEW YORK
|Location: NEW YORK, USA|
|Closing Date: June 15, 2018|
Reporting to the Chief Client Officer, and based in New York City, Symphonic’s Head of Retail Marketing will oversee a global team focused on nurturing relationships with DSPs and music retailers and pitching our distributed music.
You are an experienced marketer with established relationships at streaming sites like Spotify, Apple Music, Google, and Amazon. You’ve worked at an indie label or distributor, and have been part of the pitching process. You’re super organized, outgoing, and most of all, have a deep knowledge of, and passion for electronic music and hip-hop.
WE WILL TRUST YOU TO:
- Build a worldwide team in strategic locations to manage our retail relationships
- Develop, implement, and measure bespoke retail campaigns for emerging and established artists’ newly released music
- Continuously identify, assess, and prioritize new channels and partnerships to expand our sales reach
- Continuously analyze campaign effectiveness and allocate budgets to the highest ROI opportunities
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- 5+ years working in a key marketing role at a record label, distributor, management company, or agency.
- Entrepreneurial DNA. You’ve built departments or projects from scratch and seen them through to success.
- Strategic thought leadership, and strong communication skills with a comfort in crafting and delivering presentations
- A passion for and knowledge of the electronic and hip-hop genres
- Very strong analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to drive decision making
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills, with the ability to successfully partner with multiple stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Ability to travel on a regular basis (potentially 25%)
All interested candidates can apply by sending resume and cover letter to:
Chief Client Officer