Symphonic Distribution is one of the leading independent digital music distributors to stores such as iTunes, Beatport, Amazon, and more. We provide our clients, independent artist and record labels, access to hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world, and created unique opportunities for them to exploit their music and generate more revenue from it.
Reporting to the Director of Client Marketing & Playlist Promotion and based in Brooklyn New York, the Symphonic Marketing Intern will be charged with researching and cataloging playlists and influencers on existing and emerging digital platforms across the genres of electronic, hip-hop and/or Latin/urban music as applicable to Symphonic’s existing and upcoming priority releases.
Your knowledge and passion for emerging music is that of legend. You are constantly scouring the web for new music deep into the subgenres of electronic, hip-hop, and/or Latin/urban music. You follow tons of playlists and you pride yourself on knowing all the best and newest ones. You have an encyclopedic knowledge of music in general and have always wanted to get paid for this skill.
- Research and catalog playlists and influencers within the electronic, hip-hop, and Latin/urban genres. (50%)
- Manage Help Desk Marketing questions (30%)
- Help with the curation of specific internal brand playlists (10%)
- Help with office administrative duties (10%)
Skills & Requirements
- Interest in working in the music industry at a record label, distributor, management company, or publisher, or agency
- Enrolled in at least a part-time Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in the marketing, fine arts, liberal arts, or computer sciences from an accredited college/university
- Near-hacker level ability for internet-based research
- Ability to curate specific Symphonic and Noiseporn playlists to ensure they are solid and consistent with brand
- A passion for music and a knowledge for music across a variety of genres
- Ability to use the Google Suite of productivity applications
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with digital music platforms and their functionality
Nice to have
- Fun attitude
All positions are currently unpaid, however, this is a wonderful opportunity to gain experience in the music industry.
All interested candidates can apply by sending resume and cover letter to:
Director of Client Marketing & Playlist Promotions