Symphonic Distribution is one of the leading independent partners for Digital Music Distribution services to stores such as iTunes, Beatport, Amazon, and more and we are constantly monitoring and engaging with the latest business models, such as Spotify, Google Play and Beats Music. We provide our clients, independent artist and record labels, access to hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world, and have created unique opportunities for them to exploit their music and generate revenue from their music.
As a Marketing Intern, you will learn from our marketing department how to be strategic and how to develop brand recognition. Our internship program offers an opportunity for curiously brilliant individuals to learn in an exciting environment of a music industry startup. Learning objectives include marketing of services via various outlets. You can expect real world, training, mentorship and opportunities to create and execute your own innovative ideas. Our internship is selective, challenging and structured to push the limits of what you think you can learn.
What you will learn //
- Development of a marketing strategy and execution plan via social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Spotify and more.
- Methods of market research to develop a list of potential distribution channels, events and conferences to attend
- Create engaging original content in the form of blog posts
- How to execute improvements in a website Search Engine Optimization, in website visitor user experience and sharing original and curated content
What you need to have //
- Marketing major but other majors may be considered
- Passionate and knowledgeable of social media trends and emerging platforms
- Dynamic, confident personality, quick learner, with the ability to successfully execute based on guidance and multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Creative thinker that can contribute innovative marketing ideas and execute those ideas in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to report to our Tampa, FL office.
Nice to have
- Experience with HTML, Photoshop and/or other design skills
- Fun attitude
- Loves dogs and coffee
- Avid Spotify user
All positions are currently unpaid, however, this is a wonderful opportunity to gain experience in the music industry.